Clearing members are required to provide liquid assets which adequately cover various margins and liquid net worth requirements. A clearing member may deposit liquid assets in the form of cash, bank guarantees, fixed deposit receipts, approved securities and any other form of collateral as may be prescribed from time to time. The total liquid assets comprise of the cash component and the non cash component wherein the cash component shall be at least 50% of liquid assets.
1. Cash Component:
- Bank fixed deposits (FDRs) issued by approved banks and deposited with approved custodians or NSCCL.
- Bank Guarantees (BGs) in favour of NSCCL from approved banks in the specified format.
- Units of money market mutual fund and Gilt funds where applicable haircut is 10%.
- Government Securities and T-Bills
2. Non Cash Component:
- Liquid (Group I) Equity Shares as per Capital Market Segment which are in demat form, as specified by NSCCL from time to time deposited with approved custodians.
- Mutual fund units other than those listed under cash component decided by NSCCL from time to time deposited with approved custodians.
Liquid Assets |
NSCCL SPAN |
Payment of margins |
Position Limits | Violations
FII / MF position limits
Client Margin Reporting |
Data and reports download |
Formats for collaterals
Other formats |