Assess your readiness
Planning to get Listed? A major decision
Going public is the ambition of many growing companies. It corroborates past
achievements and propels future growth by access to a more widely distributed
capital. NSE’s SME Exchange provides the right launch pad for companies with
strong business models and high growth potential. However, going public is a
paradigm shift for a private company as it would be required to:
- Appreciate the need to meet initial and sustained expectations of external investors
- Appreciate the need to have a team, organization structure and internal processes which bring about investor credibility and capability to efficiently manage the capital market processes and increased level of scrutiny, reporting, compliances and regulatory obligations;
It is therefore critical that before considering a public listing, you have realistic awareness of your current level of preparedness and what needs to be done to become a successfully listed company.
How do I get started for a Listing ?
- Develop an understanding of the capital markets and the various processes involved in raising funds through an IPO.
- Weigh the IPO option vis-à-vis other options of raising funds
- Once you choose to opt for the IPO route make a realistic assessment of your readiness for listing.
- Start upgrading and strengthening your internal processes and systems to meet the requirements of a publicly listed company.
- Crystallise your project and capital raising plans
- Engage a merchant banker to assist you in the IPO process