NSE Academy, in collaboration with ALPHABETA, brings to you the most advanced data visualization and immersive learning platform.
Why this course is important?
The Indian Mutual Fund & Wealth Management industry is bound to grow manifold in the coming years. This course gives an opportunity to learn about the portfolio management strategies, which are adopted by Fund managers. At the end of the course, you will be able to confidently talk investments, be ready to be an analyst, and eventually manage stock portfolios.
Equity Portfolio Management course provides a practical introduction to equity portfolio management. Using an interactive app, the learning is driven by simulation techniques that allow you to visualize stocks, learn concepts, make decisions, and create trades like a portfolio manager. You will start with simple concepts and graduate progressively to more complex strategies using both statistical and fundamental methods.
Everything you will learn in this course is grounded in strong academic research but is also used by leading real-world portfolio managers. The concepts in this course serve as the basis for the management of hundreds of billions of rupees of assets daily.
- Learn on the Go
- Game based pedagogy
- Manage portfolios in real time
- Global asset management strategies
- Simulate Strategies & Back testing
- Learn rigorous academic and professional research content in a visual exploration environment
- Compete globally with your peers to establish your track record
- Joint certification from NSE Academy Ltd - The wholly owned subsidiary of NSE and ALPHABETA - The New York based entity
- Available on IOS, Android, MAC OS X, Windows 8+
- Concepts are grouped as:
a. Analytical - based on finance theory
b. Quantitative - based on math
c. Heuristic - based on best practice acquired through repetition
- In each session, you will learn one new concept in each category and apply them in the corresponding lab experiment. As a learner, you will have access to a video lecture, a lab experiment (simulation), a presentation supplement and a quiz. Multiple sessions will constitute a module
- At the end of each module, you will have an assignment that will be heavily based on the lab experiments, simulations and your reading of the academic papers for additional credit
- In many cases, you will be asked to perform the lab experiment first, then learn what you did in the lecture and repeat the lab experiment again
While lectures and presentation materials are provided, they are merely the scaffolding to the real learning that will come from doing things practically and interactively.
- There are two course options:
a. Option 1: Discussions will be facilitated in a classroom based workshop (in Mumbai), by Global Portfolio Managers with Wall Street experience.
b. Option 2: Online mentored programme with a weekly connect for discussion and resolution of queries.