Post Graduate Certificate in Management (PGCM) offered by SDM Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD) is an
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Government of India approved program.
PGCM is One-Year rigorous and demanding program offered for aspirants looking for career growth and path to setting up own business.
- Term 1 and 2 has Core Courses which are common for all specialization.
- PGCM will run over 4 terms during the year. Each term will be of approximately 3 monthsduration.
- Below are the Subject Specific to Investment Banking Specialization.
- The proposed courses in Term 1 and Term 2 are detailed below
Core Courses in Term I
1. Financial Reporting and Analysis
2. Marketing Management
3. Human Resources Management
4. Information Technology for Management
5. Business Data Analysis
6. Organization Behaviour
7. Business Communication
8. Essentials of Business Analytics
Core Courses in Term II
1. Corporate Finance
2. Costing for Decision Making
3. Marketing Research Methods
4. Operations Management
5. Economics (Micro + Macro)
6. Management Information Systems
7. Business in Global Markets
8. Social Relevant Project at NGO / Organization
9. Introduction to Financial Markets
Core Courses in Term III
1. Investment Banking
2. Mergers and Acquisitions
3. Capital Market Operations
4. Mutual Funds and Fixed Income Securities
5. Investment Advisory
6. Equity Research
Core Courses in Term IV
1. Computer Applications in Investment Banking
2. Financial Valuation and Modelling
3. Credit Research
4. Technical Analysis
5. Taxation and Money-laundering
6. Quantitative Techniques for Investment Banking Dissertation Project
Course Fee: Rs. 5,90,000/-
- 12 months plus rigorous of full-time classroom program followed by 3 Months of corporate internship
- High performing select students are eligible for Student Exchange Program (SEP) at globally acclaimed partner institutions (based on selection criteria laid down by SDMIMD).
- Subject Matter Experts from NSE Academy will deliver training pertaining to Capital Market and some key concepts of Investment Banking
- Students aspiring for a career in financial markets/ Investment banking will undergo all the courses designed by National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- On successful completion, students will receive the coveted NSE certification in Investment Banking in addition to PGCM, from SDMIMD
- The Socially Relevant Projects (SRP), Live Projects, and Dissertation Work make the candidates ready to lead businesses and/or prepare for the corporate world.
- Get 2 NCFM Certification and 1 Regulatory Certification in addition to the course completion certification
- Graduates from any discipline
- Should have obtained at least 50% marks in Graduation
- Final year students are eligible to apply
- Preference will be given to candidates with work experience, from family business and those with a proven inclination for entrepreneurship.
- The course makes you eligible for higher pay as it increases your ability to demonstrate better knowledge in the domain than your peers and set you apart from the crowd.
- The investment banking course involves complex pricing of securities and mediating deals between business giants, any reputable investment banking company will need professionals who are certified by a reputed institution for their skills in the IB space. An investment banking course comes as a big help in this regard, equipping you with the desired skill set and certifying the same.
- The investment baking field offers a range of challenging opportunities and equally compelling rewards that makes opting for an investment banking course a good investment.
- Investment banking gives you access to high profile transactions which gives you exclusive access to information. Other than this the investment banking field presents a challenging opportunity with steep learning curve, if you are looking for challenges in your job description and a plethora of knowledge that comes quickly this is the best option.
- The emphasis of investment baking course is on multiple subjects ranging from private equity, venture capital, hedge funds corporate finance, valuations, cash flow statements, general accounting, ratio analysis and special emphasis on the working of Investment Banks. So basically a 360-degree approach to updated financial subjects.
- The course commences with a talk on investment banking and then proceeds to give a summary of the finance and accounting expertise that is absolutely necessary for a good career opportunity in finance-related careers along with investment banking. The major emphasis of this course leans towards explaining the most relevant skills in this domain, namely, financial modeling & valuation.
- The investment banking course also offers dynamic career opportunities in the fields like Private equity, asset management, corporate finance & strategy, private wealth management.