Post Graduate Certification Programme in Financial Markets (PGCPFM) is a joint initiative by Department of Management Studies, Anna University and NSE Academy Ltd. This is an executive weekend program, highly specialized in Financial Markets. PGCPFM is of 11 months duration, 21 papers, divided into 3 trimesters. In addition to the PGCPFM certification, participants will also receive 8 Regulatory certification in financial markets. They will also be exposed to the best market practices.
- Curriculum of the program:
- FM 101 Capital Market Operations
- FM 102 Corporate Finance
- FM 103 Economics and Banking for Financial Markets
- FM 104 Global Financial Markets System
- FM 105 Introduction to Accounting, GST & IFRS
- FM 106 Quantitative Techniques in Financial Markets
- FM 107 Career Skills (Logic and Data Interpretation)
- FM 201 Commodity Markets
- FM 202 Equity Derivatives Market & Strategies
- FM 203 Fixed Income Securities
- FM 204 Foreign Exchange and Currency Markets
- FM 205 Mutual Funds
- FM 206 Investment Banking
- FM 207 Financial Valuations & Equity Research
- FM 208 Technical Analysis
- FM 301 Corporate Readiness
- FM 302 Digital Marketing of Financial Markets
- FM 303 Financial Planning & Wealth Management
- FM 304 Regulatory Framework in Financial Markets
- FM 305 Workshop Emerging Issues in GFM / Trust & Ethics
- FM 306 Industrial Project Work
Regulatory certificates as part of the PCPFM:
PGCPFM curriculum includes 8 regulatory certifications in Financial Markets. They are:
|S.No||NISM Series||Name of the certification|
|1||VII-A||Securities Operations and Risk Management|
|2||V-A||Mutual Fund Distributors|
|5||X-A||Investment Adviser (Level 1)|
|6||X-B||Investment Adviser (Level 2)|
|8||III-A||Securities Intermediaries Compliance (Non -Fund)|
The following NCFM certifications also included as part of the curriculum.
- NSE NCDEX Commodities Market
- Technical Analysis Module
- FIMMDA-NSE Debt Market (Basic) Module
Application fees: Rs.1000/-
Course fees: Rs. 1, 50,000 + 18% GST. The course fees is inclusive of cost of study material, tuition fees, examination fees and applicable taxes.
The payment options are given below:
|Total course fees (Single payment)||Rs.150,000 + Applicable taxes|
|Instalment Option Option I (2 instalments)||Rs. 80,000* 2 + Applicable taxes|
|Option II (3 instalments)||Rs. 57,000* 3 + Applicable taxes|
All the payment should be to be paid to Anna University in the form of DD. Demand Draft in favor of “The Director CTDT, Anna University” payable at Chennai.
Eligibility Criteria for admission
Candidate who is a graduate from a recognized Indian university with work experience is eligible to apply. There is no upper age limit for the program. The work experience can be in any field either on full time, part time, as an intern or entrepreneur.
The admission to executive weekend batch of PGCPFM is based on the evaluation of academic qualification and work profile of the candidate followed by an interview. Candidates are required to satisfy themselves about the eligibility and suitability for the program keeping in mind their career goals.
Documents required for admission
The candidates are required to submit a copy of following documents and bring originals at the time of admission for verification.
- 10th, 12th, and completed Graduation Mark sheet
- Date of Birth Proof
- Resume Copy
- Proof of Work Experience
Potential Career opportunities of PGCPFM Participants
The demand for the financial market professionals remains strong in banking, investment and advisory in capital, currency, commodity, etc. The candidates of PGCPFM with regulatory certifications in financial markets, are likely to be employed by Banking Institutions, Assets Management Companies, Consulting Firms, Private Equity, Venture Capitalist, Regulators, Credit Rating Agencies, Hedge Funds, Technology, Insurance, NBFCs, and Financial Services Institutions etc.
A qualified person can be offered various designations like associates, analyst, relationship manager, analyst-equity, analyst-technical, portfolio manager, risk manager, content developer, faculty, financial journalist, operations manager etc. Many participants are able to launch their own ventures as well.
Advantages for a Candidate:
- Joint Certification from Anna University and NSE Academy Limited
- Industry benchmarked curriculum with additional regulatory certifications
- Enhanced skill set for working professionals in financial sector
- Multiple career options in financial markets
- Market skill development – simulated / live market
- Experimental learning, industry experts as trainers
- Learn about various financial products and analysis techniques
- 8 additional Regulatory certifications