To improve the quality of Education to children in the 6 -12 years age group belonging to poor and underprivileged sections through direct intervention using unique pedagogic tools and capacity building of all stakeholders.
NSE in the first year of intervention has impacted the literacy levels of 7580 children from socially and economically disadvantaged sections in both rural and urban India. In the second year hopes to impact close to 30,000 primary school children.
Beneficiaries: Primary School Children
Location of activity: Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu
The Project seeks to:
- To improve literacy levels so that the child is at least able to have the language and numerical ability appropriate for the age level.
- To address the issue of dropouts and absenteeism due to migration and child labour.
- To work with mentors who act as guides and friends to children.
- To use unique pedagogic tools, innovative methods, sports activity and drama to improve holistic development and literacy that make learning fun.
- To build the capacity of teachers and other stakeholders.