Inter-Institutional Deals and Block Deals
Trading in this market segment is available for institutional investors only. In order to ensure that the overall FII ceiling limits are not violated, trading members are allowed to enter sell orders in this market segment only for their FII clients.
- Only FII's are permitted to place sell orders.
- Buy orders can be placed by FII's, DFI's, Banks, Mutual Funds and Insurance Companies, Pension Funds registered under PFRDA and such other institutions as may be approved from time to time.
- Where RBI has stipulated collective limits for FIIs, NRIs, PIOs etc in certain securities, these entities are permitted to place orders on both buy and sell sides.
Clearing and settlement
- All trades are settled under settlement type N and series IL.
- Settlement Guarantee as per the provisions of the normal market is provided.
- Clearing members are permitted to enter CP code or 'INST'. All the provisions in this regard are as applicable in the normal rolling segment.
- Non delivery of securities is compulsorily closed out on the settlement day as per rates applicable for close out in the normal rolling segment.
Two separate windows are provided by the Exchange for executing block deals. The minimum order size for execution of trades in the Block deal window shall be Rs.10 crore. All trades are settled under settlement type 'N' and series 'BL'. Deals are cleared on a rolling basis (T+2) and are compulsorily settled in dematerialized mode only. Non delivery of securities is compulsorily closed out on the settlement day as per rates applicable for close out in the rolling segment. Settlement guarantee is extended for trades in this series as is being done for the existing series in normal market. All other provisions including the procedures for trade modifications, client code modifications, computation of securities transaction tax, reporting institutional deals, risk management, withdrawal of trading facilities, penalties etc. are as applicable in the normal market segment. Members making early pay-in in this segment have to give specific EPI of securities.