An Integrated Guide to BRSR
According to the amended SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, the existing Business Responsibility Report (BRR) shall be replaced by a more detailed and comprehensive Business Responsibility & Sustainability Report (BRSR) in two phases, a voluntary phase effective from FY2021-22 and a mandatory phase for the top 1000 companies effective from FY2022-23 in a prescribed format specified by the SEBI.
To help the listed entities in understanding the updated disclosure requirements and concepts associated with the new format of the BRSR, National Stock Exchange of India (NSE), in association with Stakeholder Empowerment Services (SES), has conceptualised 38 sector specific integrated guides to the BRSR format. These comprehensive guides provide detailed explanation of each parameter in the format and the objective for such disclosures, along with an elaborate guidance on how to measure and report such parameters.
- Specific guides for 38 sub-sectors of Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), along with a sector agnostic integrated guide
- Mapped to SEBI’s Standardized Industry Classification System
- Mapped to five Global Reporting Frameworks (GRI, SDG, TCFD, CDP & SASB)
- Guidance based on proprietary SES ESG Model
- Guidance on reporting disclosures for three Steps of Excellence:
- Mandatory Disclosures (Essential BRSR Indicators)
- Voluntary Disclosures (Leadership BRSR Indicators)\
- Sector Specific Disclosures (As per Global Best Practices)