- Attention Investors: Mandatory dematerialzation for transfer of securities w.e.f December 05, 2018
Congratulations. You’ve taken the 1st step to the world of investing. NSE welcomes you on board and is happy to partner with you in your journey. The NSE platform offers an inter-connected world of product offerings ranging from low to complex range of products to suit your investment needs and to meet your financial objectives. We have created this section, to provide a single stop to understand and navigate the world of financial markets by safeguarding your interest. This section covers the basics that every investor in the Financial Markets ought to know, right from opening a Trading Account to managing their investment portfolio and raising complaints or issues with the Exchange against companies or trading members.
New Client Margin Guidelines
- Stock Brokers can accept securities as margin from clients only by way of pledge in the depository system w.e.f. September 1, 2020.
- Update your mobile number & email Id with your stock broker/depository participant and receive OTP directly from depository on your email id and/or mobile number to create pledge.
- Pay 20% upfront margin of the transaction value to trade in cash market segment.
- Investors may please refer to the Exchange's Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) issued vide circular reference NSE/INSP/45191 dated July 31, 2020 and NSE/INSP/45534 dated August 31, 2020 and other guidelines issued from time to time in this regard.
- Check your Securities /MF/ Bonds in the consolidated account statement issued by NSDL/CDSL every month.
- SEBI Booklet on Securities Market - Understanding from Investor Perspective.
Download the SEBI booklett (.pdf): Jan-2020
- All shareholders are requested to ensure that the shares lodged for transfer w.e.f. December 05, 2018 are mandatorily in dematerialized form. For details refer gazette notification with respect to mandatory dematerialisation for transfer of securities issued on June 8, 2018.
Gazette notification w.r.t. mandatory dematerialisation of shares (.zip)
- No need to issue cheques by investors while subscribing to IPO. Just write the bank account number and sign in the application form to authorise your bank to make payment in case of allotment. No worries for refund as the money remains in investor's account
- Prevent unauthorised transactions in your account. Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile/email at the end of the day.
Investors beware about fraud schemes (.pdf)
- Investors beware while dealing based on unsolicited Stock Tip/ Recommendation circulated by unauthorized/ unregistered entities, received through Whatsapp, Telegram, SMS, Calls, etc and take an informed decision before investing.
- Investors may report unsolicited Stock Tip/Recommendation on +91 8291833676 or on designated email id i.e. email@example.com. Please note that references so received shall be considered for inclusion in the ‘For information/Current Watch List’ only after ascertaining their veracity/genuineness.
Download file for Mandatory Details for reporting unsolicited Stock Tip/ Recommendation (.pdf)
- Current Watch list
Download Current Watch list (.xlsx)
- Historical Watch list
Download Historical Watch list (.xlsx)
- For Information - List
Download Information Scrip List (.xlsx)
Platform for Investor Education (PIE)
A joint portal of NSE IPFT and IIM-Bangalore for promoting Financial literacy, increasing investor awareness, and improving investor education.