- About Equities
- Clearing & Settlement
- Risk Management
- Exchange Traded Fund
- About Indices
Broad Market Indices
- About Broad Market Indices
- NIFTY 50 Index
- NIFTY Next 50 Index
- NIFTY 100 Index
- NIFTY 200 Index
- NIFTY 500 Index
- NIFTY 500 Multicap 50:25:25 Index
- NIFTY Midcap 150 Index
- NIFTY Midcap 50 Index
- NIFTY Midcap 100 Index
- NIFTY Smallcap 50 Index
- NIFTY Smallcap 100 Index
- NIFTY Smallcap 250 Index
- NIFTY LargeMidcap 250 Index
- NIFTY MidSmallcap 400 Index
- India Vix Index
- Sectoral Indices
- Thematic Indices
- Strategy Indices
- Fixed Income Indices
- Hybrid Indices
- Customised Indices
- Mutual Funds
- Securities Lending & Borrowing
- Sovereign Gold Bonds
Margins for institutional deals
Institutional businesses i.e., transactions done by all institutional investors are margined from T+1 day subsequent to confirmation of the transactions by the custodians. For this purpose, institutional investors include
- Foreign Institutional Investors registered with SEBI. (FII)
- Mutual Funds registered with SEBI. (MF)
- Public Financial Institutions as defined under Section 4A of the Companies Act, 1956. (DFI)
- Banks, i.e., a banking company as defined under Section 5(1)(c) of the Banking Regulations Act, 1949. (BNK)
- Insurance companies registered with IRDA. (INS)
- Pension Funds registered with PFRDA (PNF)
Levy of margins:
- Institutional transactions are identified by the use of the participant code at the time of order entry.
- In respect of institutional transactions confirmed by the custodians the margins are levied on the custodians.
- In respect of institutional transactions rejected/not accepted by the custodians the margins are levied on the members who have executed the transactions.
- The margins are computed and levied at a client (Custodial Participant code) level in respect of institutional transactions and collected from the custodians/members.
Retail Professional Clearing Member:
In case of transactions which are to be settled by Retail Professional Clearing Members (PCM), all the trades with PCM code are included in the trading member's positions till the same are confirmed by the PCM. Margins are collected from respective trading members until confirmation of trades by PCM.
On confirmation of trades by PCM, such trades are reduced from the positions of trading member and included in the positions of PCM. The PCMs are then liable to pay margins on the same.