NIFTY 500 Multicap 50:25:25 Index
The NIFTY500 Multicap 50:25:25 index aims to measure the performance of portfolio of large, mid and small market capitalisation companies with target weights assigned to each size segment. The NIFTY500 Multicap 50:25:25 index includes all companies that are part of NIFTY 500 index. While in NIFTY 500 index, the total weight of each size segment (Large, Mid and Small cap) is based on the total free float market capitalisation of all stocks falling within that size segment, in NIFTY500 Multicap 50:25:25 index, the total weight of each of these three segments (Large, Mid and Small cap) is fixed at 50%, 25% and 25% respectively at every quarterly rebalance date. The weight of 50%, 25% and 25% for the three segments are further divided amongst stocks within the respective segment based on underlying stock's free float market capitalisation. Weight of each size segment may be different from its respective capped level between two rebalance dates due to price drift of underlying stocks.
- The index has a base date of April 01, 2005, with a base value of 1000
- Stocks that form part of the NIFTY 500 index also form part of the NIFTY500 Multicap 50:25:25 index at all points in time
- The index will have 50% weight to Large cap stocks (NIFTY 100 stocks), 25% weight each to Mid cap (NIFTY Midcap 150 stocks) and Small cap stocks (NIFTY Smallcap 250 stocks) as on quarterly rebalance dates. These weights may be different from their respective capped levels between two rebalance dates due to price drift of underlying stocks
- The weight of each stock within each size segment in the index is based on its free float market capitalization
- The index is reconstituted semi-annually and weights are rebalanced quarterly